The Student News Site of Putnam City High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

A Show to Remember
A Show to Remember
March 24, 2024
UCO Education Signing
UCO Education Signing
March 24, 2024
Take to the Skies
Take to the Skies
March 24, 2024

A Trip of a Lifetime!

The Putnam City Schools went on a trip to London England, because the Putnam Bands and Orchestras had performances to show the world.

While in London, people experience many elements that are unique compared to the states, like the rare architecture or different cultures around. Along with getting used to the ways of London, by understanding how different the community was as a whole and holding the standard of London etiquette.

“I loved how diverse it was. When we were walking throughout the city there would be tones of different languages spoken. You never heard just one wherever you went. Rather than here where we have common languages,” senior Roxanna Crespo said.

Students spend seven days in the city of London, but some wish they had more time to savor the moment. By exploring more of London and trying new foods from all over since London is considered a melting pot, with nine million people in the city.

“I would definitely spend a lot more time in Old Windsor. So, there is Windsor which has the cool castle and all that, and then Old Windsor is like beautiful countryside with cows and all that stuff,” senior Holden Framer said.

Both groups had to perform in front of a live audience while being in London. But the catch was that they never played with each other before with only a few practices made, but the event was still successful.

“It usually isn’t too scary to perform in front of people, but this time was very nerve wracking performing in front of people you don’t know and who had never heard us play before,” junior Allison Cook said.

School trips can be a very exciting experience to have, and they can make people learn new things. Along with creating a new outlook on the world because students get to experience more of it and gain memories in return.

“It rounds you out as a person and London is very different from Oklahoma. So many people there and so much old architecture. It’s beautiful, nothing like what we have here in America. I think if you’re even remotely interested in history, it is so historically rich, so much happened there and so much was born because of what England has done throughout the world,” junior Henry Peterson said.