The Student News Site of Putnam City High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

A Show to Remember
A Show to Remember
March 24, 2024
UCO Education Signing
UCO Education Signing
March 24, 2024
Take to the Skies
Take to the Skies
March 24, 2024

Brothers and Sisters of Excellence Paint Night

Brothers and Sisters of Excellence hosted a paint night at Putnam City High School on February 15th, 2024.

Planning and processing an event takes money and effort. How does the planning process impact the event and the students?

“The process of setting the paint night event was very high strung for us. The event was very time consuming with the set-up process. But my favorite part of the night was getting snacks after we painted. I also enjoyed testing the drinks. The event consisted of participants painting their version of candy hearts. The overall night had a great turn out on the number of participants and the enthusiasm never left from the participants,” sophomore Kamyra Reed said.

A part of planning for an event is deciding first what you want the event to be. A group will need to consider what their goal is for hosting the event, and go from there based upon that decision.

“We came up with the paint night by considering different fundraisers to raise money that would be successful and fun. We collaborated on the paint night idea and decided on that idea. Planning this event helped me realize what it takes to plan and host an event and how to successfully make a profit off the event which we successfully did do. Overall, our group was able to learn important skills when it comes to planning an event,” sophomore Samuel Brothers said.

When students or clubs are planning events, they must start somewhere which typically means they need to start planning or preparing. This process can be stressful and time consuming depending on the method you use to prepare. While groups and organizations can predict or estimate how many people will attend the event, they can’t always be exact. They can’t typically predict how exactly the event will go either.

“When we started planning the event we first started to discuss the food and ticket prices. From there we then had the group’s officers make a list to figure out our budget. We then purchased the food that was needed for the event and on February 15th we stayed after school decorating, setting up paint stations and making snacks. until the event started. The event hosted thirty people. The turnout was more than even expected. Everyone enjoined the event and participated with enthusiasm,” junior Nevaeh Young said.

To get participants to show up to an event students will need to advertise and promote the event.

“I would most definitely recommend going to paint night. Next year we will be making sure to build on this year’s outcome and plan to make the event even better for next year. When planning the paint night, we had to prepare in advance to effectively and efficiently have a successful turn out,” junior Ray Smith said.