The Student News Site of Putnam City High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

Wellness Fair

Wellness+Fair

The psychology club at Putnam City High School had their first Wellness Fair in the school’s library on December 13, 2023. The fair was here to teach students about mental health issues and how to resolve them with techniques to reduce stress.

Planning for the psychology club wellness fair was mainly up to the students. Each student had their own booth during the fair.

“The planning went very well. We had a lot of student inputs, lots of ideas coming from different students. I really like the way they divided themselves into little teams and all had little parts in the fair they worked on. It all came together very well,” Psychology teacher Dr. Welch said.

The fair was here to help students relax and take some time for themselves. It benefited a lot of people, even the students who worked so hard on it for others to enjoy.

“The wellness fair taught me wellness tips to better help my better well-being which I never thought of before. Such as yoga and breathing techniques,” senior Braylon Page said.

Goals for the fair was for everyone to be comfortable and relaxed. Everyone had a job to do and had certain goals to reach by the end of the fair.

“Our club’s goal was to just spread more facts and more information about mental health and try to increase mental awareness. Bingo really helped the sophomores understand majority about mental awareness,”sophomore Samuel brothers said.