The Student News Site of Putnam City High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

UCO Education Signing

On February 7th, 2024, Putnam City High School hosted a signing of two senior students who will attend UCO pursuing a major in education.

When it comes to a student getting to sign with a college, they typically have a bigger goal. In the field of education there are many different things they could pursue. College has many different opportunities for students to thrive, sometimes giving students the resources to take these opportunities will ultimately help them succeed.

“I think this signing will open up a lot of different opportunities for me. When I went to UCO for the signing, I was able to meet a lot of different people who I will be around quite frequently like fellow classmates and teachers. I earned a scholarship, which I think will help me pay for college and it opened opportunities for me that I didn’t know were possible in college. My ultimate goal with my career is to become a second-grade teacher. And if opportunities open up for me to become a principal or an administrator, I will pursue that. I ultimately want to make an impact on the students and teach kids what I’m passionate about,” senior Tahlaysa Green said.

While students are growing up, they are told to pick a career they want to pursue and on top of that they are encouraged into picking a college to pursue that career at. There are plentiful options for majors and where to pursue that major. It is not always easy for students to make these decisions. What makes a person decide on their major and where they will be pursuing that major?

‘I chose UCO to sign with because I know their standards for education are exquisite and precise, allowing me to fulfill a successful academic career in education. I wanted to major in education because I like the idea of helping others. I feel I have been a really good teacher to my friends I was able to help my friends understand topics that they did not understand from our teacher so because of being able to help them I want to be able to have a impact on our future generation,” senior Victoria Faith Lee said.