The Student News Site of Putnam City High School

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

The Pirate Log

A Show to Remember
A Show to Remember
March 24, 2024
UCO Education Signing
UCO Education Signing
March 24, 2024
Take to the Skies
Take to the Skies
March 24, 2024

A Show to Remember

Putnam City High School hosted a black history showcase February 15th, 2024, in the auditorium for middle schoolers.

The black history month showcase was a show to represent and show respect to the black culture.

“I participated because it was a learning experience and to contribute. My favorite part was when the college came and performed for us. I took part in modeling as a queen and I wore my African clothing to represent,” junior Amala Offaelli said.

The black history month showcase showed a variety of performances. Performances were presented by PCO, PCN, PCW, and Langston University.

“I participated to showcase black people and something that matters. My favorite part of the showcase was seeing divine nine. I took part in the showcase by being an MC for poets which is a speaker,” sophomore Zandria King said.

At the black history month showcase people were also educated on certain people in the black culture. While being educated they got the chance to see entertaining dances.

“I participated because it was something I could do in my free time. My favorite party was Divine nine. I danced and Lip Sync as salt and pepper,” sophomore Laniyah Wilkins said.

At the black history month showcase some of the kids got the chance to get on stage and dance. There were people who dressed up as Disney and Marvel characters.

“I participated because I heard it was going to be so much fun and it was black culture. My favorite part was divine nine, and the step team. They caught my eye. I took part by introducing people,” sophomore Byrianna Stubbs said.